WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Are you looking for a unique employee experience where you can build, grow, learn & have fun? The Knot Worldwide is in search of interns to assist the Finance & Accounting departments with various tasks & projects. The full time interns will help the both teams meet monthly close & reporting deadlines as well as deliver a business case simulation to senior management.
Applications will be accepted for this role through March 8, 2021.
- Develop sound financial analysis & recommendations for multi-week business case, ending with final presentation to senior management
- Gain an understanding of various functional areas within finance & accounting
- Assist with month end close procedures, including monthly reconciliations
- Provide support on special projects
- Assist in maintaining general ledger chart of accounts
- Data entry using various finance & accounting systems
- Assist in preparing accurate & timely financial reports, as needed
- Assist with the preparation of variance analyses of actuals to forecasts
- Prepare summary of monthly actuals reporting for department heads
- Work cross functionally to resolve issues surrounding planned spend vs forecast
SUCCESSFUL FINANCE or ACCOUNTING INTERN CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Pursuing B.S in Finance or Accounting
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, Excel.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Strong motivation, initiative, & time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proactive with the ability to work cross functionally in order to resolve questions/issues
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The TKWW Summer Internship Program offers students the exciting opportunity to explore the fast paced tech industry, working for a global leader in weddings. During the program, interns will gain hands-on experience working alongside our teams, while experiencing cross functional programming, speaker series, intern events, & so much more. The TKWW Internship program is paid, full time, & runs for 9 weeks.
- Case Study Competition
- Weekly Speaker
- Series Networking Day
- Partnership & Mentorship Opportunities with Business Leaders
- End of Summer Celebration
- And More!
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.