Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're not just a sales manager; you're a coach & a leader at heart. You know what it takes to drive & motivate a team to deliver consistent, high quality results. You understand the importance of ensuring consistent quality & quantity throughout the sales lifecycle with a focus on productivity & results. You embrace getting on the phone & lead by example.
You're focused on process & best practices while at the same time welcoming autonomy & input from your team. You pride yourself in your ability to build strong relationships across departments & Sales Management, & being able to effectively build scalable plans & repeatable processes to drive growth. You can motivate your team & keep morale high while also enforcing company policies & keeping staff within bounds.
You're ready to harness your sales management experience to build & scale the Mid Market (Majors) team at Dataminr. As Regional Director, you'll manage & grow a small team focused on the US East territory.
- Develop strong understanding of Dataminr's Mid Market (Majors) business & strategic goals
- Partner & collaborate with SVP, Major Accounts & Sales Leadership on overall sales strategy
- Motivate, develop, & grow a team of Account Executives & Account Managers
- Build high-performing sales culture with a focus on training, best practices, & scalable, repeatable process
- Provide business development & thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities & incremental business success
- Own & provide market leadership, serving as subject matter expert throughout the full sales cycle
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Sales Operations, Marketing, & Product to drive operational & product improvements
- Maintain constant awareness of markets & competitive activity, making appropriate recommendations to always stay one step ahead
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- At least 7 years of progressive sales experience in quota-bearing roles at SaaS or high-growth software companies
- At least 3 years of sales management experience
- Experience selling into mid market market accounts with a strong focus on productivity, velocity, & quality
- Demonstrated quota achievement & territory growth
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company & product presentations; written communications such as email & proposals
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Self-motivation & an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.