Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Product Design team sits at the intersection of design, product management, & engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, marketing & editorial to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
Were looking for a creative Product Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges & obsessing about cultivating transparency & guiding design approaches. Youre highly collaborative & comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, & you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Actively manage product designers & provide guidance, oversight, & mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, & help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture as well as mentor & grow team
- Manage teams visibility, documentation & process tools
- Work closely with front end & engineering managers to advance patterns & standards as well as finalize timelines & deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set & exceed best practices & standards, measurable impacts, & design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of UX design
- Oversee project timelines & deliverables, guide production pipeline & communicate evolving project goals
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years product design experience
- Experience managing design teams or passion to move into a management role
- Experience on teams designing for web & mobile
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change & hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Brooklyn & are happy to have a small but growing office with sunlight & views in the heart of Brooklyn Heights. We're centrally located at Cadman Plaza/Borough Hall, a short walk to the Brooklyn Promenade & within a few blocks of 9 subway lines (2, 3, 4, 5, N, A, C, F & R lines).
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), & generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!