At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pockets content platform has become essential to how people discover & consume content worthy of their time & attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles & videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in & get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) & that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product & go-to-market strategies & to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking an intelligent, self-motivated & resourceful individual to join as a Brand Partnership Manager in the NYC or SF Bay Area to help take our thriving sales efforts to a new level. You should have a consistent track record of building new business opportunities through inside sales, prospecting & supporting the outside sales team. This is a fabulous opportunity with a direct growth path to an outside sales role within an innovative, growing & dynamic organization.
What youll do:
- Actively prospect for new clients & opportunities across Fortune 500, mid-market, Direct Response & SMB sectors
- Directly sell media, content marketing, native advertising & content research programs across Pockets network of media & newsletter assets & achieve assigned quotas.
- Understand client needs & present relevant solutions
- Develop & maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals
- Understand market dynamics & how Pocket fits into the digital media & content research landscapes
- Track, analyze & communicate performance of advertiser campaigns on Pocket
- Keep up-to-date & detailed records of sales activity through a CRM solution
- Present client feedback to Pocket product & marketing teams & work to develop new sales offerings to meet client goals
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of related work experience in inside sales, client services or sales support roles within the digital media industry
- Self starter that is extremely organized with strong time management skills
- New business expert, managing a high volume of calls & meetings per week
- Strategic, consultative sales approach with the ability to understand client needs, create meaningful solutions, set proper expectations & close deals of all sizes
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms & processes
- Deep understanding of native advertising & content marketing
- Exceptional writing & presentation skills
- Bachelors Degree
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting & hiring process & is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.