Were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We champion collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, inclusion, & transparency in the workplace. We arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble can teach us something about our processes, strategies, & even ourselves.
We dont just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
About the Role:
As a Director, Data Insights, youll partner with our Chief Product Officer to lead, mentor, & grow Splices data team & their work across our entire platform. As we move into the most important moment in our history, youll champion quality & best practices throughout the organization & work with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, Executives, & other cross-functional leaders to relentlessly serve millions of musicians around the world.
What You'll Do:
- Build, grow, & mentor Splices data team
- Create & foster a culture of measurement, developing insights, & learning throughout the product org & company
- Balance short-term deliverables & priorities against long-term strategic opportunities
- Prioritize analytics projects & identify key opportunities where business & artist outcomes can be improved through data-driven decisions
- Build a best in class product & business measurement process with supporting infrastructure
- Develop & implement data strategy & architecture across the Splice product
- Develop the organization around you, through mentorship, recruiting, interviewing, & advancing process & culture
- Build trust with musicians. Always.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in building data & analytics infrastructure & reporting tools
- Experience growing, managing, & mentoring & providing technical leadership to other engineers for best practices on backend & data engineering (data teams preferred)
- Technical mastery of query languages & analytics tools (SQL, Excel, Python, R) & ETL languages & tools
- You understand a broad spectrum of methods & disciplines in data science & analytics, & you are especially skilled in at least one of these fields: machine learning, data analytics, decision science, operations research, data modeling, business intelligence, or data engineering
- Proficiency with infrastructure and/or backend engineering, evolving & scaling back-end services, data models, & storage
- Clear & persuasive communicator of data-driven analyses & data methodologies to all audiences, regardless of the level of data comprehension
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic & a compulsion to make a difference
- You want to commit your precious time to the service of music culture & creativity
- You love data; Youre detail-oriented & are driven to discover actionable insights in a large pool of structured & unstructured data
- You share our vision
- Youre well-versed in music & have a love for creator culture
- You have experience working at high-growth organizations
- Team player with a sense of ownership & "get things done" attitude
- Self-motivated & able to thrive in a fast-paced & self-directed environment
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity & inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.