Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that brings together engaging, accessible content with integrated assessments & insights to supercharge reading engagement & learning in every subject. We are dedicated to our mission to unlock the written word for everyone. More than five years since our launch, Newsela is already in 90% of schools, across all 50 U.S. states, in addition to being in over 180 countries. The result has been more engaged readers, & engaged readers are better learners.
We are looking for a BI Analyst, that will primarily be supporting our Sales team. The requests typically relate to our product usage, financial metrics, & Saleforce.com (SFDC) system. This candidate should have relevant experience in a technical discipline where they have used SQL in a data gathering capacity. Also have used Salesforce as a part of their daily routine & background building reports within a business intelligence tool. This role resides under the Data team where you will be working directly with data scientists, analysts, engineers, & data visualization experts.
- Provide assistance with sales team questions, create & maintain documentation, accommodate ad-hoc user requests, & develop reporting.
- Provide direct user support on SFDC reporting tools & querying the data warehouse directly using SQL.
- Design & develop reports to provide sales performance analysis & insights for executive leadership.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline( computer science, mathematics, business administration etc) or equivalent experience.
- 2 + years of experience in analytics & or BI reporting environment
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC)
- Relevant experience with database systems & analytical tools.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent conceptual & analytical reasoning abilities.
- Experience in using a dashboarding tool ( Looker, Qlick, Tableau)
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift
- Experience using Panda data frame or Jupyter Notebook