WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide, a NYC-based lifestage technology & media company, seeks an outstanding, self-motivated, creative & resourceful individual for its Public Relations department.This individual will assist in crafting & executing impactful, measurable & noteworthy campaigns to drive awareness/engagement & support business goals for the companys premier brands The Knot & WeddingWire.
Ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a PR agency and/or in-house PR team. Candidate must have excellent national & local media contacts, a record of success in developing & executing integrated PR & marketing programs, keen communication skills, & proven experience in writing pitches, talking points, briefing docs & press releases. This individual will work closely with the consumer & B2B marketing, editorial, social, research, product, sales & other teams on cross-functional initiatives. A love of writing & creative brainstorming are essential, & previous TV segment production & event planning experience is ideal.
SUCCESSFUL PUBLICIST CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 5 6 years of experience in a PR agency and/or in-house PR team
- Proven track record of developing & executing successful, integrated PR campaigns at a national level
- Experience drafting press releases, media alerts, talking points, briefing docs, & other media assets
- Strong relationships with tech & consumer outlets on both the local & national level
- Strategic thinker as well as a doer who can think big picture but also roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done
- Data-driven & eager to measure the results of initiatives
- Creative thinker who can conceptualize newsworthy moments & develop story ideas
- Determined self-starter who can recommend & initiative projects with minimal direction
- Superior organization skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Event planning & television segment production experience a plus
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You arent afraid to challenge the status quo & know that theres no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback & never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.