A bit about us
Voxy (www.voxy.com) is a leading web & mobile English learning platform that provides personalized language instruction to major corporations, educational institutions, & governments worldwide. Our approach is steeped in 20 years of scientific research, & our product is built with cutting-edge, patented technologies that enable us to dynamically create learning pathways from real-world media content. Voxys been proven effective - both in the lab & in the wild - which is no small feat for a digital education company. We are tackling a tough problem, but thats okay--we love tough problems, & you should too. Working within Voxys New Americans Initiative, you will have the opportunity to use Voxy to create systemic change for immigrants, refugees, & limited English proficiency (LEP) adults who are currently facing many barriers to accessing English language training & career pathway programs.
This is a rare opportunity to create a social impact while working with a talented team in a $100B market currently served by old-school publishers & technology products built in the 80s. We are building a high-growth global company with real revenue from real customers. We measure our success by how much we teach our students & how happy we make our customers. The market we serve is ripe for change & we have a leadership team, board of directors, & investor base that is ready to support the company as we move from being a market-leading product to becoming the standard platform for English language learning for career & academic success.
The best part for us is that we get to do all of this as a passionate, empathetic, collaborative & innovative team with awesome people whom we sincerely like. We believe that truly rewarding work is only possible when you work with good people who are united by a mission.
The Impact Youll Have at Voxy
Do you believe you can improve the immigrant experience in the US by removing English as a barrier to integration?
Do you love to sell & build innovative new educational program & career pathway models? Are you skilled at business or program development? Are you motivated by engaging with community organizations, employers, & education providers & helping them solve challenging problems?
Voxy is striving to make the world a better place by accelerating English language acquisition & helping New Americans to achieve their goals. If you are a top performer, you can help us to take our business to new levels!
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for establishing Voxy as a critical resource for the immigrant population in the United States. As a Program Manager/Partnership Associate you will develop partnerships with US organizations who are working with and/or employing English language learners, identifying partners & building distribution with organizations committed to helping immigrants improve their lives & develop marketable skills. Preferred location New York, but open to Mid-Atlantic for the right candidate.
You will focus on three core market segments:
- Corporations & workforce development training organizations
- Community colleges, school districts (youth/young adult) & adult education programs
- Nonprofit & NGO organizations that serve immigrants/refugees, LEP & ELL/AEL populations who would benefit from being able to communicate in English & upskill in high-growth career fields
In this role you will:
- Build & manage a pipeline of customer prospects from identification to negotiation & program launch
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to successfully manage new business opportunities & career pathway innovations
- Fully understand prospects business/educational challenges, decision-making processes, & digital English learning product purchasing processes
- Accurately forecast your sales pipeline & conversion
- Plan & execute successful sales calls & customized product demos
- Reach & exceed your sales quota & quarterly targets, with an eye on maximizing impact
- Develop a deep knowledge of Voxy's learning approach & technical application as well as how Voxy can improve economic outcomes for adult ELLs & labor supply challenges for employers
- Align Voxys offering to the needs & challenges of immigrant-serving organizations, traditional workforce training providers, & immigrant employers
- Represent & exhibit Voxy at local & national Education, EdTech, & Immigrant Advocacy conferences & events
What We're Looking For:
- You are an effective sales or education technology program development professional with at least 3 years of relevant sales or fundraising/business development experience within immigrant/refugee workforce development or education programs
- You are passionate about education, technology, & immigrant/refugee inclusion & you have a strong track record of success in sales or business development
- You have rigorous process management, negotiation, & analytic skills
- You are sharp, confident, resourceful, results-oriented, proactive, & have strong written & oral communication skills, including public speaking
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, & are comfortable working in a social impact start-up environment
- You are a tireless networker!
- You are a power-user of CRM systems (SalesForce) & other integrated communication tools
- Proficiency in multiple languages (including English) strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Travel is required based on business need (conferences, exhibiting, presenting)
In addition to a rewarding job that that will directly impact how millions of students learn English, working here, youll enjoy:
- Competitive salary, bonus, & stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Flexible Spending benefits
- Gym & mobile reimbursement
- Citibike reimbursement
- Ongoing professional development as well as reimbursement for attendance at industry/professional conferences
- On-site language classes
- Unlimited PTO
- Friday Team Happy Hours
- Unlimited snacks, beverages, & access to beer fridge
- Awesome team of super bright, creative, talented, & passionate individuals
- Sweet space in downtown Manhattan easily accessible by many trains