About the Business Development Team
The Business Development Team at FiscalNote is the key touchpoint for our client-focused approach. Our mission is to help our clients identify challenges & provide innovative, data-driven, & practical solutions to better navigate risk, opportunity, & uncertainty. We leverage our platform of software & information-services products to empower people & organizations with the right information at the right time. FiscalNoter's on the Business Development Team, both experienced & new professionals, gain opportunities for learning & professional development in a diverse & innovative culture, rooted in our company values & mission.
About the Role
Armed with our industry-changing Issues Management platform, our Business Development team relishes the opportunity to help potential customers transform their businesses through the power of our technology & content. Sales Directors are FiscalNote's key engine of market expansion & revenue growth. Focused on our customers' long term goals, they become true strategic partners through deep empathy in order to develop our economic relationship with new customers. Able to understand true pain points & customer needs, Sales Directors guide C-level conversations about how organizations can truly integrate & accelerate the integration of high-level government & business strategy. They exhibit a bias for action, a thirst for knowledge, & a true executive mindset.
- 6+ years of B2B software or information services sales
- Consultative approach to solutions selling
- Successfully sold software into Fortune 1000 companies
- Lead demos & pitches to executives
- Carried & hit annual quota of $1m< (consistent top 20% performer)
- Closed complex sales cycles in competitive markets
- Experience pairing professional services with software
- Experience using Salesforce (preferred)
- Strategically build, manage, & close deals in sales pipeline
- Be responsible for closing a quota of new business
- Strategically plan for account penetration
- Actively & regularly attend industry events
Empathetic. Personable. Hungry. Intellectually-curious. You not only quickly gain trust, but also easily comprehend & empathize with issues potential customers may have. Your keen understanding of the sales cycle provides the tactical insight necessary to identify ideal methods of penetrating accounts ripe for a sale. You also understand when time & deep relationship building are some of your most effective tools in developing key accounts. Your resiliency & competitive nature are core to your successful track record, but your intellectual curiosity drives perpetual personal growth.