Support Engineers at JW Player enjoy the unique opportunity to interact with content creators, publishers, advertisers & video audiences at the code level. They dive into customer code making sure our technology is expertly implemented to ensure the best possible online video viewing experience while gaining exposure to all of the pieces that form the growing online video ecosystem.
Support Engineers are a critical component of JW Player's customer success & rapid growth. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner with a diverse set of technical skills who excels at multitasking & works well in a fast-paced & self-starting environment.
In this role, you will:
- Manage day-to-day customer support through email, online documentation, the occasional screen-share session
- Educate customers in best practices for using our offerings, including our web player, iOS, & Android SDK to ensure smooth implementation
- Assist customers in building their apps using the web player, or our SDKs
- Support the Sales team through demos, coding, & responses to specifications
- Dispatch code examples to customers, test customer code & escalate reproducible bugs
- Align products with the needs of our publishers based on your direct customer interactions
- Take on special projects as assigned by Support, Sales & Product teams
- Have the opportunity to join our Technical Account Management team or 2nd Level Engineering team should you
- Experience in a customer-facing support role within a SaaS or mobile app development environment, or experience in a Sales Consulting role
- Experience in a Support or Sales Consulting role
- Experience interacting with customers, prospects & peers in a calm, solutions-focused manner
- Aligned, professional, nuanced & customer-focused communication
- Particular attention to detail in a multitasking environment
- Experience creating or maintaining developer support documentation
- Experience with video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience with Xcode
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.