Group Nine Media is looking for a Payroll & HRIS Analyst to join the team! This role will be responsible for supporting Payrolls day-to-day operations tasks & projects for the Compensation & Benefits function that help make Group Nine Media a great place to work.
The ideal person for this role strives to deliver an outstanding employee experience, thrives in a collaborative & fast-paced environment, & is a solutions-oriented problem solver who enjoys learning new things every day. This is a great opportunity to learn about critical Human Resources functions including multi-state payroll, employee onboarding, benefits administration, & compensation leveling.
This role will be based in our New York office & report to the Payroll Manager.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Assist the Payroll Manager with all payroll-related tasks
- Enters all employee information accurately into our HRIS on a timely basis & maintains the system as the record of truth
- Process all new hire paperwork
- Send out weekly HR reports to different departments
- Support the team on a variety of payroll, benefits, & compensation initiatives including audits, Open Enrollment, compensation surveys & other special projects
- Respond to and/or assign employee questions to the appropriate parties swiftly through the HR ticketing system
SUCCESS WILL LOOK LIKE
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines & adapt to a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, & exemplary client service skills
- Prior experience supporting payroll for 250 + employees
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in HR or Finance functions, with a minimum 1 year experience supporting multi-state payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll regulations
- Proficient in Excel including but not limited to, vlookups & pivot tables
- Team player & positive can-do attitude & approachable nature
NICE TO HAVES
- ADP WFN, Workday or comparable HRIS experience
- Open Enrollment experience
- Union experience
- Experience with G Suite, Microsoft Office, DocuSign, Jira or similar ticketing system
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine:
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.