Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We're looking for an engineer to be part of the team that is driving international growth. This will include localization of our product to provide a real, local user experience, as well as driving growth strategies for search engine optimization & social media. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our new International team in Berlin, Germany at a very early stage & play a key role in developing Meetup across the world.
Full Stack engineers at Meetup do everything that's needed to get something live on our platform, from the interaction on the web to the APIs that power it. Meetup senior engineers demonstrate an ability to complete projects, provide guidance for technical problems, & lead by example & mentor other engineers on the team.
You're our ideal team member if you are:
- Someone with at least 3+ years' experience with React/Redux/Node.js
- Experienced with or are eager to learn strongly-typed functional languages
- In love with writing quality testable code & leaving the code base better than how you found it
- Ready to take on full ownership of the development lifecycle by designing, building, & operating applications
- Comfortable communicating with product managers, designers & other engineers to solve open-ended problems & roadmap solutions
- Driven by results at product, team, & individual levels
You would be working locally with your team in Berlin but remotely with Meetup HQ in NYC, so this would be a great fit for a candidate who is comfortable & effective working with others remotely, across different time zones, & in predominantly English.
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Meetup's work environment is relaxed & fun, even as we meet our deadlines & stay focused on quick, quality completion of projects. Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?