Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Contribute to the success of the NonStop Systems Engineering team within Issuer Processing, with emphasis on the following responsibilities:
- Provide platform support (hardware, operating system & middleware) for Visa's HPE NonStop (Tandem) servers.
- Respond to system alerts & error messages to ensure continuous system availability.
- Coordinate scheduled & non-scheduled (emergency break/fix) hardware changes with vendor hardware engineers, pursuant to Visa's rigorous change management procedures.
- Plan changes, configure, monitor & troubleshoot the HPE NonStop Operating System & related middleware subsystems in response to changing requirements.
- Collaborate with multiple teams - network, engineering, operations & applications - to ensure seamless installations, deployments & system upgrades.
- Participate in off-hours & on-call support duties, which will periodically include overnight & weekend work.
Candidate must have:
- 10+years of systems engineering experience, specific to the HPE NonStop (Tandem) platform.
- Demonstrated expertise configuring Tandem subsystems, such as Spooler, Pathway, TCP/IP (including SSL/SSH), TMF, KMSF, EMS, Safeguard, VLE, etc.
- Strong communication skills, (verbal & written), with emphasis on technical documentation & related topics.
- Current residency in Singapore, or willingness & ability to relocate to Singapore upon placement. Telecommuting is not an option for this position.
Preferred candidate would have:
- Demonstrated system programming skills in or more of these languages: TACL, C/C++, and/or TAL.
- Experience with CLIM configuration, maintenance & troubleshooting, including both TCP/IP & Storage variants.
- Experience with configuring & using NonStop Open System Services (OSS), including shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of NonStop SQL databases (both MX & MP)
- Experience with NonStop X server hardware.
- Experience with virtualized storage, including XP-series storage arrays & SMF.
- Working knowledge of one or more of these third-party software products:
>> Integrated Research (IR) Prognosis.
>> XYPRO Xygate Security Suite.
>> Data Express
>> Connect:Direct (NDM)
Desirable Certifications include:
- SSCP or CISSP
- HPE NonStop: CSE or MSE