Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Project Specialist II to join our Concierge Optimization team.
Oscar is the first health insurance company built around a full stack technology platform & a focus on serving our members. We started Oscar in 2012 to create the kind of health insurance company we would want for ourselvesone that behaves like a doctor in the family.
About the role
Members of the Operational Excellence Team improve efficiencies & processes that improve the experiences of our members & colleagues. We listen to & prioritize feedback, trends & gaps in a mindful & data-driven fashion.
We are the voice of our colleagues & our members. To support them, we need to be embedded in their pain points, success stories, & daily experiences. You will identify, scope & execute workflow & efficiency projects.
You will report to the Optimization Manager. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee or Utah. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Independently responsible for small to large-scale projects, including vitals.
- Support Project Specialist I's in execution of projects.
- Responsible for 7+ projects simultaneously.
- Identifying & executing projects as they relate to workflow improvements & programs.
- Develop an advanced understanding of how operational questions are presented by members & consequently reviewed with the appropriate internal parties for resolution.
- Use Frame, Jira, Periscope, the Business IntelligenceI team, shadowing & round tables to identify trends, themes & gaps as they relate to efficiency & workflow improvement.
- Partner with other departments to implement a continuous improvement model with an ultimate goal of enhanced workflows & member experience.
- High school diploma
- 3+ years of experience managing, driving & overseeing projects.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.