At Vimeo, we love designing & engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for our users, & have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
Were a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, & is driven by careful attention to detail & planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great technology & believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, & one another.
What youll do:
- Build & improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance & scalability
- Work closely with our Design & Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate & test new features
- Grow technically & professionally in a collaborative & inclusive environment with opportunities to learn & share with others
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- A strong eye for product design & interactivity, & unwavering attention to detail
- Big-picture thinking: understand how individual parts fit into the whole, & problem-solve for scale & efficiency
- Experience with the React framework
- Good knowledge of Css, Styled components
- Experience working on the server side when necessary (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJs, etc.)
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- An understanding of basic performance optimization for web applications
- Ability to communicate & collaborate respectfully & effectively with both technical & non-technical teams
- Attention to detailwhether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are essential on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers & businesses