At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft Bikes & Scooters is the operator of Nice Ride, the Minneapolis areas bike share system, & Lyft scooters. Were looking for a hands-on Operations Manager who wants to continue the micro-mobility revolution by owning operations planning & execution for both Lyfts bikes & scooters in Minneapolis.
As the Operations Manager, you will develop & execute operations plans with a consistent eye towards service quality, operational excellence, & the overall customer experience. You will report to the General Manager & work together to shape the vision & implementation of the Bikes & Scooters systems, as well as any new products Lyft Bikes & Scooters may roll out in the Minneapolis market. You will also contribute to success & learnings in other markets by developing operations playbooks, organizational capabilities, & advising with on-the-ground execution.
If you share our vision for active transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Support the General Manager in maintaining relationships with our city partners & addressing market-specific issues
- Oversee daily operations for Lyft Scooters
- Work closely with our Nice Ride Bike operations service providers to ensure they are hitting performance targets, adhering to standard operating procedures, & implementing best management practices
- Plan day-to-day & special events operations strategies for Nice Ride & Lyft Scooters
- Plan the launch strategy for any new products Lyft Transit, Bikes & Scooters brings to the Minneapolis market
- Create playbooks, metrics, & contingency plans to govern day-to-day operations
- Synthesize market feedback & recommendations for HQ business, product, & engineering teams
- Build, maintain, & monitor reports, dashboards, & metrics to evaluate performance
- Hire, manage & schedule shifts for the launch team of field managers, operations associates, & mechanics as required by our product launch strategy
- Up to 50% travel to Chicago & other markets, as needed to collaborate, learn best practices & share insights
- 5+ years of operations or strategy experience
- Quantitative by nature & strongly focused on process improvement; comfort with spreadsheets & data analysis
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience scaling an organization & managing people
- Experience managing & working with team-members possessing a wide variety of skills & roles
- Experience working cross-functionally across large organizations
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Role is based in Minneapolis but travel required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.