About this Role
At Fandom, a Senior Project Manager is a strategic, detail-oriented member of the Tech & Product team, who works across multiple teams to manage the development of the fan experience for our Community Platform (Wikis) & Fandom Tabletop products via a follow-the-sun model. In this role, you will work with cross-functional Fandom teams to drive results via efficient processes, rigorous planning, & transparent communication. You have a bias toward action & can break down complex projects into bite-sized, actionable steps that efficiently drive the company toward achieving its objectives.
- Drive complex, cross-functional projects with numerous stakeholders & tasks
- Create & maintain project artifacts; coordinate tasks across all SDLC stages (kickoff to delivery), act as a central point of contact to drive cross-team communication, & champion best practices for assigned teams and/or projects
- Work with SMEs to identify areas of improvement & drive changes; work with Program, Product, & Engineering Managers for ongoing process improvements
- Collaborate on consistent, repeatable, & scalable planning processes, best practices, & methods of working cross-functionally
- Facilitate processes for effective quarterly roadmap planning, continuous tracking, & organization-wide communication
- Track, understand & facilitate communication for timely updates/notifications
- Manage key internal stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Finance, Content, & Operations teams
- Identify risks & opportunities; communicate to leadership for resolution/feedback
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for commitments; remove roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve outcomes
- Develop solutions to address key operational challenges, stakeholder pain points, & sources of friction
- Develop prioritization frameworks & collaborate with Product Management to prioritize projects to deliver the most value to the company as efficiently as possible
- Create & maintain project-level metrics, KPIs, OKRs; provide to all stakeholders & customize as needed based on business requirements
- Proactively identify & assess risk, escalate concerns, & mitigate issues
- Contribute to a positive working environment; manage & advocate for multiple points of view in an objective, collaborative manner, understanding when to escalate issues
- 5-7 years project management (or equivalent) experience; preferably in Tech
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; concise yet transparent style adapted to audience type & business priority
- Strong diplomacy skills & high emotional intelligence to address needs of all stakeholders while building positive cross-team relationships
- Demonstrated ability to align teams to a common goal & work cross-functionally in a collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented & self-motivated, driving self & teams to deliver high-quality products/outcomes
- Familiarity with Agile development, continuous improvement methodologies, project management methodologies, KPIs, OKRs, SLAs, root cause analysis, techniques to measure impact & outcomes, & discover requirements
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across numerous time zones
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Agile and/or PMP certifications
- Experience in startups as well as enterprise-level operations
- A passion for entertainment brands within gaming, tabletop gaming, TV, movies, and/or comics
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer