JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We seek a dynamic, highly skilled, & passionate QA Engineer, to support our firmware development activities. This important, technical position reports to the Director of Firmware Engineering in the Engineering organization at JUUL Labs.
This is a hands-on role requiring a thorough understanding of quality assurance processes, test development, & with bringing best of class products to market. Additionally, the position works with new product development teams to support high-value engineering activities. The person in this role should be a strong communicator who is able to work effectively with peers & management alike in a high-paced global environment. We are looking for someone who is flexible & can respond quickly, energetically, & enthusiastically to changes. The QA Engineer will work alongside the firmware & mobile apps teams & other resources inside JUUL Labs. We are looking for a highly motivated & talented individual who will be responsible for bringing best practices in quality assurance that will bring these hardware products to the next level.
- Define, develop & implement quality assurance test plans & test cases.
- Cross-discipline collaboration to create test processes, test specifications, regression tests, & firmware release testing at all stages of firmware development.
- Creation of bugs in issue tracking system, & test reports.
- Executing performance & stress tests.
- Analyze root cause failure & enhance comprehensive test coverage.
- Record all test results for each test suite & provide a high level summary for areas tested.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years working in a QA related role.
- Experience testing portable devices.
- Experience testing mobile apps is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of bug reporting & source control tools such as JIRA & Git.
- Familiarity with testing wireless devices.
- Previous experience with medical devices or other regulated products is desirable.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, with a strong desire to learn new skills & grow.
- Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems, & tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Associates degree with significant experience will be considered. Masters degree is a plus.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles