Glossiers mission to democratize beauty is brought to life visually & in words by the creative team. We communicate that mission through curated campaigns & IRL experiences to create a visual dialogue of what Glossier looks & feels like.
The Creative team is looking for a Senior Copy Manager to lead a small team responsible for overseeing all of Glossiers creative copy needs. This person should be extremely organized & process-oriented as they will work cross functionally with the brand marketing, creative, & legal teams. They should have a keen grasp of & passion for language with exemplary editing skills.
You could say Glossiers creative team functions like an internal incubatora hub of talent including creative direction, content, production, visual merchandising & designthat works collectively to build the future beauty company. Our approach is inclusive, discerning, & above all personal.
6 Month Expectations
- Develop keen grasp of the Glossier voice
- Edit & write all collateral for product launches alongside copy team, brainstorming exciting new ways to message both new & existing products
- Create a system of reporting performance insights alongside paid & email marketing teams
12 Month Expectations
- Refine & implement strategy for voice of Glossier in product display copy, campaigns, emails, product & shade naming
- Implement & maintain a streamlined process for collaborating with stakeholders from across the company to ensure a cohesive voice & tone across all product channels, marketing touchpoints, & that strategic goals & objectives are met with each deliverable
- Have implemented a strategy for communicating the Glossier brand voice throughout the company to ensure voice consistency
- Work closely with Head of Content to ideate & execute new storytelling initiatives
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years as a copywriter, copy and/or editorial lead creating marketing programs/materials, honing brand voice, on & offline, including experience leading a copy team
- Deep understanding of data to inform content creation
- Ability to determine & execute copy strategy across multitude of platforms & channels
- Experience managing & writing to a brand voice
- Experience creating & organizing workflow for digital marketing content & physical product content
- Competitive knowledge of best-in-class brand building copy practices
- Strong conceptual skills with intuitive knowledge of how copy relates to design, graphics & concept inspiration
- Based in New York, NY or willing to relocate
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination