Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldnt have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Product Team
Our product team is small but mighty. We partner with engineering, design, analytics & more to craft a marketplace that delivers over a billion dollars in business to our pros while helping millions of customers get their projects done each year.
About the Role
Do you want to work in a highly collaborative environment to reinvent how a large piece of the local economy works? Were looking for a product manager to lead our customer engagement efforts including discovering & engaging with the right product experiences as well as re-engaging customers to drive retention & engagement.
- Partner with customer acquisition team & customer experience teams to drive effective customer onboarding & retention
- Work with analytics, growth marketing & other product teams to define the right long-term customer lifecycle strategy
- Partner with engineers, designers, analysts, growth marketers, & partner product teams to ideate, prioritize & deliver great solutions for our customers
- Define & analyze key metrics to inform decision-making & measure success
- Conduct user research & lightweight tests to scope & prioritize product initiatives
- Coordinate within your team & among teams at Thumbtack to ensure understanding of & alignment around projects
- Wear many hats & be key organizational glue
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- Excellent user-centric design & product sense
- Excellent analytical skills to break down & solve complex problems
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Excellent business judgement
- Ability to work in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Experience working in a marketplace business
- Experience working at a high-growth startup
- Experience working on a Product Growth team
- Experience with paid marketing & SEO
- Experience as a people manager
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.