Staff DevOps Engineer
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights & experiences centered around the needs of real people, & in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity & humilityand have a good bit of fun along the way. Were always looking for smart, kind, & creative people to grow our team & impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe & easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is looking for a Staff DevOps Engineer for our Global Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for building, operating, & managing LiveRamps cloud infrastructure. A blend of infrastructure skill sets makes this a cross-functional team which delivers the technology that powers our cloud based SaaS solution. Our projects range from working with leading edge cloud-native services to big data cloud infrastructure to reliability instrumentation & monitoring. This position will report to the Team Manager & partner closely with other technical leads in engineering.
Were looking for someone that has technical breadth & depth in cloud infrastructure. You will act as a thought leader, mentor & facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams on GCP & AWS Cloud Infrastructure tooling & best practices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for deployment & management of custom built or off the shelf solutions in a public cloud environment.
- Lead & provide subject matter expertise for GCP/AWS cloud end-to-end architecture
- Architect & implement solutions to improve deployment process & CI/CD capabilities
- Promote an infrastructure-as-code philosophy, leveraging tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, & Docker
- Lead the cloud improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality, & cost effectiveness.
- Lead & own creation of cloud focused best practices, building blocks, & patterns to ensure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable, & resilient
- Lead & collaborate with technical, application, & security leads to deliver a reliable & secure platform in GCP/AWS clouds
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented & delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls, & thorough documentation
- Provide technical governance for infrastructure design, deployment, & operations
- Support a global engineering organization based in Boston, California, New York, Paris, London, & Nantong, China
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Your team will:
- Support an entire engineering organization based in California, New York, Paris, London, & Nantong, China
- Lead & collaborate with technical, application, & security leads to deliver a reliable & secure platform on GCP & AWS
- Lead the cloud improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality, & cost effectiveness
- Lead & own the creation of cloud-focused best practices, building blocks, & patterns to ensure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable, & resilient
- Function as stewards for shared data, services, tools, processes, & libraries
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of DevOps, SRE, or production engineering
- Experienced architecting complex cloud environments that leverage best practices
- Experienced with deployment & monitoring of highly scalable products
- Experienced with continuous integration & automation servers like Jenkins, CircleCI, or similar
- Experience deploying & supporting containerized applications with Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, or the like
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tooling in the cloud like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Comfortable with shell scripting & fluent in at least one of Ruby, Java, or Go
- Experience with DevOps best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Ability to lead & mentor other engineers in the team for DevOps best practices
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, & automate routine tasks
- Experience with securing systems in a public cloud environment
- Enjoys working as part of a distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, & productive
- Understands how to engage other engineers as stakeholders
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person & virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, & paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, & disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) & a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan1:1 match up to 6% of salaryhelps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment & ergonomics programwe help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamps mission is to connect data in ways that matter, & doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds & experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas & one another is one of our guiding principlesone that informs how we hire, train, & grow our global team across nine countries & four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
#LI-Remote (Recruiters - remove this tag if the role is NOT a remote position)