SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK AUTOMATION & INFRASTRUCTURE)
Join the team responsible for the overall health & success of the software infrastructure that enables rapid development velocity & deployment reliability for all Starlink software. Your creativity & relentless commitment to quality will be critical to the reliability of our service & the success of our business.
- Hands-on integration & troubleshooting of all flight hardware/software & ground services
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent & reliable software deployment, test execution, & data analysis as part of a continuous integration & release system
- Develop tools that allow for test execution across multiple environments: virtualized hardware, real hardware-in-the-loop simulations, & on-orbit testing
- Analyze test results & identify bugs that require in-depth investigations with engineers across the organization
- Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or scientific discipline & 4+ years of experience in software development OR 6+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience with object oriented software development (Python, C++)
- Experience with Linux (scripting, network troubleshooting)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Fluency in object oriented Python development
- Experience building, testing, or working with real-time embedded systems
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs & requirements
- Ability to work independently & in a team, take initiative, & communicate effectively
- Familiarity with the following:
- Continuous integration
- Radio frequency modulation schemes & protocols
- Simulation software
- Network protocols (TCP/UDP/gRPC/IPv6)
- Maintaining hardware test setups
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceXs Affirmative Action Plan for veterans & individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.