BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Operations
Salary: 250/day USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is looking for a dedicated Assistant Video Editor to join our New York & Los Angeles Post Production teams. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ingesting media & prepping videos for edit within Adobe Premiere. Candidates may be asked to troubleshoot common Post issues & address technical notes within edits. They will also oversee QC & exporting on occasion. Drive prep & delivery may also be expected.
- Work on-site from the BuzzFeed Campus
- Attend active productions, when assigned, & serve as on-set Media Manager
- Ingest, Transcode, Organize, & Archive footage
- Keep detailed logs on footage, ingests, & preps
- Sync footage, prepare & assemble string outs, apply markers
- Collaborate with Editors for larger projects, providing support with dailies, selects, etc.
- Address simple technical notes within projects & in-video graphics when requested
- Edit low touch short-form content
- Complete project wrap assignments; create archive exports
- Assist Post-Production Coordinators in managing of assets & production materials
- Support communication between Production & Post-Production teams
- 1+ years experience with media in digital content in a professional environment
- Working knowledge of Mac OS, Google Suite, & Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder & After Effects
- Comfortable working with common video codecs, formats & timecode formats
- Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
- Detail-oriented, technical, & open to new ideas
- Can complete tasks autonomously
- Flexibility to adapt & meet changing timelines & deliverables
- Working knowledge of Post Production & Production process & equipment
- Knowledge of social media & digital video platforms a plus
- Curious & excited to learn & problem solve
- Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Audition for color & sound finishing a plus
- Experience behind a camera & knowledge of lighting & sound design a plus
- Experience with proxy-based workflows, remote workflows, SANs & MAMs a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.