Stride is growing fast! We are an Agile software development consultancy in NYC. We embed seasoned Agile teams (mainly developers & product managers) with fast growing NYC-based tech teams.
Everything we do is grounded in five values: Humility, Honesty, Respect, Learning from failure, & Willingness to help others. Our values weave a common thread through all we do - from hiring employees to selecting clients. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success & we want every person that crosses paths with Stride to achieve it.
Stride is 100% self-funded & is profitable, meaning we dont answer to investors.
About the role
As a Freelance Product Manager you will be responsible for delivering the right 1-2 products to one of Strides NYC-based customers. You will work alongside client product owners & stakeholders to understand the what & why of their current initiatives, & collaborate with a Product or UX Designer & a development team to help bring that vision to life. You will be a true collaborator, crafting efficient & crisp product requirements & serving as a resource to other team members in order to ensure everyone understands the context & purpose of your product(s) through Agile ceremonies. You will report to Strides Product Lead, & will work directly with a Stride development team & Product or UX Designer.
- 5+ years working in technology or a related field
- 3+ years of experience as a product manager
- The ability to work onsite in NYC 5 days a week
- A collaborative mindset
- Day to day experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with requirements gathering, roadmapping, & user interviewing
Nice to have
- Experience facilitating workshops such as: XP inception, Google design sprints, etc.
- A successful track record in Product
- Interest in building a business, including building business plans & growth models
- Experience at consulting company or similar
- Experience working in product pods