Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
Were hiring a Technology Supervisor to join Convenes world-class Technology Team. In this position, you will provide technology services in all duties, including setting up & operating various scaled audiovisual systems, with a specialty in audio, video, computers, HSIA, audio conferencing, video conferencing, webcasting, & basic lighting for different types of programs. You will effectively oversee the setup, strike & execution of program details provided by the technology manager while delegating tasks vital to program success to technology specialists. Were looking for someone personable & client-focused, with problem solving skills that can be applied in various types of environments & situations. Convene
What Youll Do:
- Effectively communicate instructions provided by technology manager to all technology staff.
- Maintain a positive relationship with clients through effective communication.
- Present a professional image that meets company dress codes.
- Possess an in depth knowledge of all facility technologies, equipment, & SOPs.
- Maintain a constant line of communication with onsite technology manager.
- Assist technology manager determine labor needs & scheduling on a weekly basis.
- Accurately perform daily, weekly, & monthly check lists.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of Convene brand & hospitality standards.
- Able to accommodate a rotating work schedule that includes nights, weekends, & occasional long hours.
- Ensure completion of assigned tasks to technology specialists.
- Responsible for proper equipment maintenance, inventory, & storage.
- Extensive knowledge of audio visual equipment listed in equipment & technical qualifications section
- Ensure a flawlessly executed event through accurate & timely setup, operation, & breakdown of audiovisual equipment
- Experience with video conferencing including hard codecs & soft codecs
- Ability to perform basic network trouble shooting procedures
- Demonstrate strong general problem-solving skills
- Provide excellent service & strive to exceed the expectations & needs of internal & external clients
- Make personal contact with guests & assist with any reasonable requests
- Maintain a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication
- Portrays a polished professional image at all times
- Perform daily floor management that includes assignment of tasks & assisting Technology Manager with labor needs & scheduling
- Work with General Manager, Production team, & Technology Manager to establish coordinated communications for management of programs
- Properly secure, store, transport, & preserve company AV equipment
- Participate in physical inventory count process as requested
- Review & have knowledge of menu/service with operations & production teams
- Complete set/strike lists & perform closing inspection duties
- Assist service team in daily duties to ensure a great client experience.
- Other duties as requested by management
What We Look For:
- High school diploma/GED required
- AA/BS a+
- AA/BS a+
- 2 years of audiovisual technical experience
- Knowledge of audiovisual, computer networking/maintenance, & lighting technical theory
- Intermediate technical knowledge of audio, video, projection, computer & lighting equipment
- CTS preferred
Flexible & long hours sometimes required.
- Required to move, set/strike equipment up to 50 lbs. without additional assistance.
- Reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
At Convene, were changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design & service the next generation office building one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated workplace-as-a-service platform gives building tenants & enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting & event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, & curated experiences for users, all connected by Convenes proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., & Los Angeles; Opening in Chicago in 2018 & plans to expand globally
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
- 2018 Great Places to Work US
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Workplaces NY
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together were building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits You Can Expect as A Convene Employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.