Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
Recognising Irelands significant technology talent, RTR established our European Technology Hub in Galway in April 2019. Based in the historic Claddagh area of the city, our growing team is tackling core technology challenges & influencing the next generation of services critical to RTRs success & continued growth.
Our first international office outside the US enables our company to significantly expand its Software Engineering, Product Development, Machine Learning Engineering & Data Science footprint, & RTRs Galway-based employees have the opportunity to grow their careers across several roles in Technology.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Internal Auditor to join our recently established Internal Audit team. You will assist RTRs Audit Committee of the Board of Directors in their risk oversight responsibilities & will specifically support the company in its SOX compliance program. You will report to the VP, Internal Audit.
What Youll Do:
- Play a key role in the companys Internal Audit team & support compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Evaluate RTRs internal control environment, focusing on critical business processes & technologies & making recommendations for improvement.
- Analyze & document business process flows & related control documentation & understand the technology supporting business processes.
- Identify & assess risks & evaluate key control activities within business processes in collaboration with key business stakeholders.
- Perform fieldwork to test internal controls as part of the SOX process & document your work.
- Identify & develop recommendations to enhance control effectiveness.
- Track & follow-up on the remediation of open control deficiencies.
- Execute internal audits:
- Assist in the planning of audit projects & in developing audit programs to meet audit objectives.
- Perform audit program steps & document your work.
- Assist in the communication of findings & recommendations verbally & through written reports.
- Assist with other special projects & various administration tasks as they may arise
- You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting.
- You have or are currently working towards a certification relevant to auditing: CPA or CIA.
- You have a minimum of one years experience in public accounting. While in public accounting, you must have worked for public company clients, where part of your time was specifically spent on SOX compliance over business process & entity-level controls.
- You have a detailed understanding of SOX testing methodologies & experience designing, monitoring, & evaluating internal controls & SOX compliance programs for public companies.
- Experience working with technology driven, growth, start up companies is a plus.
- You have experience reviewing & documenting financial processes.
- You are a strong communicator, both written & verbal, with the ability to work with both subject matter experts & senior level management.
- You are a highly-organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently & within a team environment.
- You are able to execute & follow-through on tasks while ensuring attention to detail.
- You have an investigative & curious nature & enjoy problem-solving.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - unplug, recharge, & have some fun.
- Competitive Stakeholder Pension - taking care of your future.
- Comprehensive health, dental care & dependents care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee on any legally-recognised basis, including, but not limited to: gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, & membership of the Traveller community.