JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JUUL Labs is seeking aCategoryManager in our Toronto, Canada office, to manage a group orcategoryof products for our company. You will be the one responsible for the pricing & overall promotion of a productcategoryto maximize consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors & product range management will also be part of your duties.
An excellentCategoryManagermust have extensive experience in understanding consumer needs & the retail environment. They must have a commercial mindset & full comprehension of marketing & sales principles. Exceptional communication skills are also key forcategory managers. The goal is to increase sales & profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
- Identify insights, create opportunities, & deliver solutions that drive profitable sales growth
- Manage external & internal customer relationships (influencing strategy & execution)
- Develop long termcategoryplans, strategies, tactics, & tools that support national initiatives
- Direct & perform analysis across a wide variety of retail business development issues
- Participation in joint calls with field sales personnel on key national retail customer
- Uses consumer & customer insights to develop trade & occasion-based marketing tools/ programs for execution by field sales team
- Works with Trade Marketing team to represent the needs of the channel/customers in the development of all brand programs & tools that get executed in the channel
- Evaluates all programs to identify key indicators of success & measuring impact & developing insights
- Responsible for executing post-evaluations, as well as gathering feedback from customers & developing strategies for future programming & planning
- Shared accountability (with sales) for volume & execution
- Determine the positioning of a productcategoryto maximize visibility
- Managecategoryspace responsibilities for account: Present shelf capabilities to retailer; Develop/recommend brand assortment & shelf schematic/planograms; Communicate/coordinate reset schedules/guidelines; Track & measure results.
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing & promotional activities of a productcategory
- Work with demand planning to develop forecasts to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Assume responsibility of budget development & revenue forcategory.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-3 years of general sales, marketing & distribution experience in a fast-paced, high performance consumer goods environment
- 3+ years of Analyzing data or insights to determine industry & consumer trends
- Knowledge ofcategorymanagement tools & processes
- Advanced computer software proficiency (including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Sharepoint), VBA is a plus.
- Strong familiarity with syndicated data, software, & measures (Nielsen, demographic data, etc.)
- Familiarity with space management activities
- Understanding of retail environment & A-B wholesaler network/processes & DSD/3-tier system
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Ability to manage a wide range of multiple priorities
- Strong ability to build & influence interpersonal relationships (agency, market units, functions)
- Ability to derive insights from consumer research & analysis
- Ability to derive solutions from outside thecategoryor industry to identify innovative approaches to the business
- Business sense/acumen/business analysis broad business requirements required for short & long-term business planning
- Mandatory University Degree in Business or related field
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location. Work in Toronto, Canada, one of the worlds greatest cities