VaynerMedia is a full service global agency that builds brands for the now. We deliver integrated programmes across creative, strategy, production, & media all under one roof that drive tangible business results for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Our Strategy Directors are tasked with leading day to day strategic planning across a client or clients, combining an understanding of consumer behaviour, marketing challenges, the creative opportunity & the media landscape into a simple & clear communications plan of action.
They are the strategic advisor to the wider leadership & day to day clients when it comes to the consumer & how their behaviour is changing. This role is heavily focused on how we do that across Europe, with the strategists being the boots on the ground of a market, liaising heavily with the wider teams to help them understand specific consumer behaviours & the media landscape for campaigns.
The Strategy Director is expected to be curious & self-led, confident to ask questions about the audience & brief, test their hypothesis with research, form segmentations & gather / shape data into clear recommendations. They will be working on a social platform brand of the moment + & FMCG client.
- Deliver a nuanced understanding of the consumer, their behaviour & the media & advertising landscape in a key market.
- Serve as the key strategic point of contact on a chosen market for a wider team
- Help to build & update segmentations around B2B & B2C audiences, delivering a deep understanding of how segments may change across a country culturally, demographically & behaviourally
- Help to identify & proactively address client challenges
- Draw upon a rich background of communications planning to liaise with a media team to help ensure unique consumer & media landscape understanding is in all planning.
- Work with the ECD & creative teams to help form creative ideas which can develop into larger campaigns over time
- Monitor effectiveness & help to continuously show where we can strategically improve with data analysis & visualisation.
What Were Looking for:
An experienced Strategy Director with significant experience across European markets regionally. You will be experienced in developing wider strategy & planning communications within this. You should be comfortable collaborating with creative, media & client teams, as well as managing a small-medium sized team.
Youll be comfortable talking about what a businessperson in Paris reads this week, what they will care about next week & also why those matter to a brand doing business there.
Previous experience in social platforms & FMCG developing multi-market communications strategies is preferable.
You will be comfortable with data & analysis, as well as shaping these into strategic recommendations. Additional experience with B2B campaigns & audiences is ideal.
Specific Skills / Experience / Activity:
- Multi-market European market experience would be beneficial.
- Experience in communications planning, with examples of using planning tools such as YouGov, GWI, TGI, Comscore & data analysis in Excel, Google Sheets, R, SPSS, etc.
- Examples of thought leadership & proactive thinking to address client challenges & industry trends
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the U.K.