ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a full-time Senior Picks Editor to communicate theSkimms mission to our audience in multiple formats. Reporting to the Senior Director, Branded & Commerce Content, youll grow our new picks vertical (aka commerce & recommendations), & oversee theSkimms picks newsletter, Press Pause. Youll develop content strategy for our commerce, affiliate, & picks efforts, & work cross functionally to innovate & grow the newsletter.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Develop strategy for our picks vertical (commerce, books, & entertainment)
- Build editorial calendar for picks, & our Press Pause newsletter
- Oversee weekly production of Press Pause
- Strategize with social & marketing teams to grow Press Pause
- Work cross functionally with product & marketing to innovate the Press Pause newsletter
- Manage two writers & edit all picks content
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 7-10 years of experience working in lifestyle digital media
- 3-5 years in commerce/affiliate content
- Experience working on a newsletter for a digital media company
- Excellent writer with the ability to write in the voice of a character
- Expert knowledge of media trends & innovation on web, video, social, & audio
- Passionate about theSkimm & its mission
- A self-starter & a team player
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Being a commerce & product junkie
- Experience in media development & strategy
- Experience growing a newsletter
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.