BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help build features & shape the future of the BuzzFeed Apps. Our versatile team consists of product managers, designers, data scientists, & engineers all working together on our mission to make the app the best place to consume BuzzFeed content. In your role, youll collaborate with the team to create strategies around user retention & product utility & build incredible features to bring our users satisfaction & meet company goals. This job is preferably based in our Minneapolis or NYC office but were all remote currently. We expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021
- Apply your Android technical & product expertise to solving real problems for both our BuzzFeed Android users & our business
- Contribute to our internal frameworks which are used across multiple apps
- Work with product, design, data science, & QA on defining & implementing new ideas
- Write high-quality code & tests that result in apps & frameworks that stand the test of time
- You have 1+ years experience with the Kotlin programming language
- You have 4+ years experience building Android applications & frameworks.
- You are comfortable leading a project through the entire software development lifecycle including system architecture, collaboration with product & design, implementation, testing, deployment, & subsequent fixes & improvements
- You are comfortable soliciting & providing direct & impactful feedback
- You are proactive with technical, organizational, cultural and/or procedural improvements.
A Big Plus
- You have experience with MVVM Architecture
- You have a passion for good product fit, & UX.
- You have interest in back-end systems
About BuzzFeed Tech Stack
We know that good engineers come from a variety of backgrounds & languages if you don't already know the languages that we use, we trust that youll learn.
- 100% Kotlin & MVVM, no major 3rd party frameworks
- Fastlane & Circle.ci for CI, Firebase & DataDog for Performance monitoring
- Our backend services are written in Python, Go, or node.js
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.