About The Role & Team
Amplitudes mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth? We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, & our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, & the value we bring to customers & partners.
As the Director of Workplace Experience & Operations, you will:
- Develop an innovative & future focused real estate strategy for a scaling organization in many locations, enabling a thoughtful location strategy to meet space needs & creating an inclusive culture & great employee experiences.
- Manage our office portfolio including:
- Work with headcount projections & target locations, lead the process for site selection optimizing for commercial terms, talent availability, infrastructure & design
- Foster excellent relationships with partners & ensure the partners are aligned with our approach, needs & process
- Develop viable detailed plans & budgets for new locations
- Drive all aspects of lease management including management of broker relationships, term negotiations, & internal approval process
- Own build out plans in style developed working with People Ops, Marketing & other parties, & ensure on-time execution
- Coordinate third parties & internal IT team to build out on plan timing & cost
- Operate the offices to ensure security, productivity & comfort including:
- Office security in coordination with IT
- Front desk operations
- Catering & other amenities
- Events in coordination with People Ops
- Create a repeatable framework or playbook for maintenance & operations that ensures our workplaces will operate at the highest functionality possible
- Hire & mentor your team to provide excellent customer service & grow as professionals
- Develop & maintain a global multi-year workplace operating expense forecast & capital plan for construction & design projects in coordination with long-term headcount & location forecast from Finance & People Ops
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Experience supporting an internationally distributed workforce across large & small offices & remote locations
- Leadership in portfolio management including site selection, design, construction, budgeting, furnishing, office operations, vendor management, & maintenance
- Passion for excellent customer service & delivering on small details while maintaining focus on the long-term big picture
- Built & led teams to delivery & fostered career development
- Experience crafting budgets & managing costs
- Led incident management & emergency/crisis response teams & efforts.
- Ability to communicate & partner with multiple stakeholders including senior executives to get things done
- Practiced in corporate or high growth startup settings with direct global real estate experience & team management
- Open to primary work location with preference for San Francisco or New York
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another & the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, & humility are core to the way we work: were tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, & we operate from a place of empathy & openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, & a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, & commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, & grow their business. Were super proud of what weve built & continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm & Peloton & technology leaders like Microsoft & Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 & grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator & other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal & Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris & Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, & graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitudes D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, & drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, & human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.