We believe sports are important because they encourage leadership, teamwork, responsibility, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those dedicated heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger provides teams across the country team management & scorekeeping capabilities, allowing coaches & athletes to stay connected with the team community. We also generate live fan experiences that keep parents, family, & friends huddled around the GC digital campfire as games are announced, animated, & streamed in real-time. With GameChanger, coaches & parents are able to organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way, all at the power of their fingertips.
GameChanger is a cutting-edge technology company & the uncontested leader in our space. We are based in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
The People Operations Manager will work alongside our business leaders to develop a consistent, high-performing workplace. Our goal is to develop, enable, & retain great talent. In this role, you will leverage your experience across strategic & tactical people operations functions to lead things like performance management, employer brand, employee relations, & coordination of HR with our parent company, DICKS Sporting Goods. You should be a culture champion, a true generalist, & a player-coach who has had proven success in a growing company.
- Championing our culture - understanding what makes us great, & helping us embed our values into everything we do
- Advise leaders, in partnership with DICKS HR, on organization design, performance management, compensation, & employee retention initiatives.
- Build trust among employees through the entire organization & be an effective communicator & problem solver of people issues.
- Oversee interaction with DICKS HR on benefits administration, payroll, & other HR processes. Standardize all employee onboarding & offboarding.
- Deliver high-impact training programs & support managers in developing emerging talents into future leaders. Budget for & execute culture & engagement initiatives.
- Collect & communicate data & insights to facilitate holistic business decisions i.e. employee engagement, retention/turnover stats, employee survey results, etc. to guide business leaders' decisions & actions.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 5+ years of HR/People Operations experience in a fast-paced/startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal, & conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships with people at all levels within the organization based on trust, professionalism, & personal integrity.
- Empathetic & focused on the best interests of the team & GameChangers core values.
- Experience using tools such as Greenhouse, Slack, & PeopleSoft.
- Self-driven to manage your own work & results with high standards.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Technology stipend - $3,500 every 2 years to purchase new technology.
- Full health benefits - medical, dental, vision, prescription, FSA/HRA, etc., as well as coverage for family/dependents.
- Life insurance - basic life, supplemental life, & dependent life.
- Disability leave - short term disability & long term disability.
- Retirement savings - 401K plan offered through Vanguard.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave.
- Commuter benefits.
- DICKS Sporting Goods Employee Discount.