At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Our early talent programs team is looking for a program manager to handle Lyft's relationships with HBCUs/HSIs. This person will lead programming & partnerships with these institutions in conjunction with our business leaders. They will act as a bridge between Lyft leadership & these partners to create a more diverse & inclusive culture & workforce at Lyft.
- Lead from vision to execution, a talent recruiting & development strategy for HBCU/HSI students to be sourced to available internship, full-time, apprenticeships & other early career roles across Lyft.
- Increase Lyfts HBCU/HSI presence, both on-campus & through virtual engagements, through execution of events, programming, conferences, & with our partner diversity organizations that span regional & national reach.
- Build relationships with HBCU & HSI Engineering students, faculty, & administrators to design innovative programs & community engagement initiatives which increases Lyfts brand as an employer of choice amongst diverse communities.Inform & advise the Early Talent recruiting team to execute recruitment strategies tailored to HBCU/HSI institutions, helping drive top-of-funnel & hand-off to regional recruiters to own the candidate interview process from application to offer stage.
- Partner within the I&D & across the Talent team to identify & develop relationships with external organizations that can help elevate career engagement opportunities based on the needs of the line of business from a diversity perspective.
- Assist with timely & accurate completion of data to all applicant tracking systems & documents post any program or event.
- Evaluate program results, outcomes, & impact through quantitative & qualitative reports to measure success.
- Minimum 3 Years Experience
- Understanding of & work experience with the university recruiting or higher education
- Strong ability to represent Lyft & build trusted external relationships
- Commitment to developing, communicating, & executing against a shared vision, gaining support from a wide array of internal/external stakeholders
- Experience designing new programs or upgrading existing programsand enjoy thinking about how to improve processes & add creative & meaningful flair
- Ability to think strategically, intuitively, empathetically, & to solve unstructured problems
- Strong presentation skills; experience presenting strategy & results to executives as well as curated events to students across different universities
- Track record of excellent teamwork & cross-functional collaboration
- Strong verbal, written, project management, & time management skills
- Travel as required.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.