Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company'sgames have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylight, celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information: bhvr.com.
Unique opportunity to join an industry recognized successful game studio with big ambitions, working on some of the most exciting intellectual properties in entertainment. Behaviour Interactive is seeking a highly motivated game designer to develop the next top-grossing game.
As a game designer, you will work with a diverse team including a creative director, programmers, game economy/level designers, artists, animators, technical specialists, product managers, producers & brand manager to build & run agame. You will work with the development team to create a profitable game that will entertain players for years to come.
What you'll do:
- Design & optimize game features
- Nurture player progression systems based on feedback, metrics & business goals;
- Identify & exploit ways to leverage brand strengths in your designs;
- Review game builds & identify actionable items & areas of improvements;
- Work closely with programmers, artists, animators & economic/level designers to implement your designs;
- Work with Product Managers & Data Analysts to understand the game's KPI's / Health Metrics as well as user feedback to be able to formulate & inform design decisions.
What we seek:
- Experience in GaaS Premium games;
- Good knowledge of games design for mainstream platforms & balancing for mid-core genres;
- Demonstrated experience in data-driven design;
- Keen ability for handling & streamlining complex systems into efficiently simple & approachable designs;
- Bachelor's degree (finished or in progress)or equivalent professional experience.
A portfolio is required with you application