Brick & Wonder is a marketplace-community for professionals in the real estate and design industry. Our mission is to elevate the power of collaboration in Real Estate & Design. Our community is comprised of architects, fabricators, digital creatives, editors, photographers, lawyers, brokers, RE developers, investors and more. In the community members (and clients) can publish business opportunities, share portfolios, make referrals and meet professional colleagues, both online and offline.
Currently Brick & Wonder comprises an editorial platform, built on a flat file CMS called Statamic, and an online community platform centered around a B2B referral tool (currently in Beta), built in Laravel (PHP). Brick & Wonder's primary revenue source is tiered subscriptions for professionals and clients. Secondary revenue will be based on project transactions.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- As a key member of the Product team, you will provide the technical input and architecture design for critical and often holistic product improvement projects, driving them end to end from strategy to finessed execution.
- You will collaborate extensively with our growing team, upleveling our design-to-build workflow
- You'll work through engineering problems from beginning to end: translating ideas into disruptive new products and features, then lead, oversee and support a remote engineering agency to realize these projects.
- You'll have direct input on the product roadmap, and the strategy that lies behind it
- You'll play a leading role in scoping technical projects, ensuring best-in-class architecture, documentation and technical project management, as well as code quality.
- You are a lifelong hacker who can think quickly and knock up a prototype effortlessly.
- While you can become completely absorbed in delivering clean, elegant code, you can also communicate clearly and collaboratively with non-technical colleagues.
- You've honed your craft and zeroed in on the flexibility and scalability of PHP, Laravel and JS as your preferred stack, with rich experience at each level.
- You have deep experience in B2B SaaS, Community & Marketplace applications, with the ability to take over technical product ownership and ongoing build while leading an outsourced, remote agency.
- You seek out ways to deliver enhanced value and reduce time and cost, balancing best-practice with leveraging APIs & libraries that can save time and effort in build.
- You are hungry to join a high-growth, design-led startup, working with a smart and experienced team, and you are excited to build a highly valuable, transactional marketplace with huge revenue potential.
- You will have a long-term outlook for the platform and the team that's building it, taking equity in the company commensurate with your experience.
We're looking for a portfolio that clearly outlines the problems you were tackling in your past engineering projects. Your portfolio should touch on the process you applied to tackling the challenges and indicate a differentiating attention to design and user experience in the platforms you've built. Your portfolio should be well-structured and clear, with a strong focus on scalable or enterprise web applications you've played a leading role in building.
Interested candidates should email a portfolio of work or CV (pdf format, less than 5Mb) and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brick & Wonder is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.