Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
The Revenue & Content Analytics team focuses on growing & engaging BuzzFeeds audiences across distributed platforms. The team is data-driven & results-focused. We are seeking a talented analyst who thrives at the intersection of data, creativity, & business. You have a strong technical & analytical background with a disciplined approach to data quality. You are excited to work on world class brands like BuzzFeed, Tasty, Complex, First We Feast & Sole Collector.This position is full-time as part of the Revenue & Content Analytics team with members in Los Angeles, New York, & remote. Our team is remote first with optional in-person offices in New York & Los Angeles
- Communicating with editorial, social, revenue operations & finance teams to understand reporting requirements & build out datasets leveraging SQL (Redshift & Big Query)
- Working with the engineering team to ensure there is proper data collection for project-related data.
- Proactively exploring data to find content & revenue insights, & communicating these insights to the appropriate stakeholders to help make data backed business & content decisions.
- Processing, cleaning, & validating the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Generating analytics dashboards (Looker/LookML a plus).
- Working closely with the business & tech teams to deliver accurate data sources & informative analysis.
- 2+ years experience with SQL (Preferably BigQuery)
- 1+ years of quantitative or statistical analysis experience
- Ability to process & analyze large data sets, & interpret them to inform business decisions
- Strong communication skills & the ability to clearly articulate technical analysis to non-technical teams
- Advanced SQL, experience using Materialized Views, Advanced Joins, Partitioning, Window Functions, etc.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube & Google Ad Manager data.
- Experience with Looker/LookML development
- Experience with Python, R, or other scripting languages
- Interest in internet culture, & digital advertising
- Experience with Git/Version Control
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.