BuzzFeed is seeking an Asset Coordinator to work in a project-based capacity in our New York headquarters. In this role, youll manage inventory, order fulfillment & tracking, including camera equipment; lenses, lights, gear; grip & electrical. Youll also provide fulfillment support for props, flats, set decor, & some client products. Youll report into the Operations Supervisor & will cross-train with our Art Department & Stage Technicians to cover all venue needs in New York.
This is a part-time role, 30 hours per week (flexible between 9am-6pm) on-site, for 13 weeks, with the potential to extend.
- Run daily equipment check-out/check-in system
- Assemble orders for check-out & prep them for pickup/delivery
- Receive returns & restock shelves for inventory reconciliation
- Assess equipment & gear for function & working quality
- Maintain preset camera & light set-ups in designated locations on the lot Input & catalog performance data as assigned by the Ops Specialists
- Provide cross-functional support to other stage/venue teams
- Perform daily rounds of the stages on the lot
- Perform equip clawback or data collection on usage
- Assist in providing specialized comment or guidance on gear usage & best practices
- Assist with performing repairs on cameras, lenses, lighting, & grip equipment as necessary
- Run stress & integrity tests on inventory to determine replacement or new purchase value
- Ensure that equipment, props, seamless inventory is up to date in online database
- Stay current on camera, lighting, audio trends & techniques
- Strong familiarity with camera, lenses & other production gear
- 2+ years of on-set grip, gaff, camera, or sound experience or experience in an equipment rental house preferred
- Equipment service/maintenance experience a plus
- Ability to adapt to changes in production plans / schedules
- Strong organizational skills & a solutions oriented mindset
- Polished & timely written/verbal communication skills
- Experience on set & willingness to occasionally assist on set
- A passion for technology & a sense of humor
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.