About the Job:
The Director of Safety & Security is responsible for overseeing employee well-being across RTRs campus of buildings including fulfillment centers in Secaucus, NJ & Arlington, TX & corporate offices in Brooklyn, NY & Galway, Ireland. Reporting to the Chief Supply Chain Officer & officing in New Jersey, this individual will serve as the technical resource for all people safety & environmental compliance areas. The Director will be responsible for collaborating with teams to establish a culture of safety focused on the prevention of workplace injuries & illnesses. This leader will aim at the base of the safety triangle, using behavioral audits & near miss opportunities to strengthen a culture where proactivity reigns. Safety at the Rent The Runway will continue to be everybodys responsibility, only strengthened by the right leader working with operation partners to develop innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
What You'll Do:
- Lead & work collaboratively on the development, review, & revision of safety, environmental training & physical security programs.
- Ensure leadership & associates are trained & knowledgeable of required state/regional/ federal regulations
- Provide guidance to ensure compliance to all applicable RTR Safety Policies where gaps remain. The EHS manager will be responsible for developing Safety policies & processes partnering with key business leaders
- Track, report, & analyze EHS performance
- Conduct incident investigations
- Design & facilitate safety audits to identify non-compliance equipment and/or processes. Implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks & prevent injury
- Orchestrate accurate & timely EHS record keeping, document management & effective case management, as well as preparing, maintaining, & submitting records & reports required by the company and/or regulatory agencies
- Identify & anticipate safety & health concerns & hazards by surveying environmental, operational & occupational conditions. Investigate & review safety violations, unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, near misses & accidents with supervisors & fulfillment center management
- Author & sustain key safety processes which include but are not limited to Emergency Preparedness, Evacuation plans, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment & Accident reporting guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a related field required; Master's degree preferred, but not required
- 5-10 years experience as a safety professional in a fulfillment center(s), distribution center(s) or manufacturing site(s) with at least 500 employees.
- 4+ years of growing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, & strategy
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, including comfort collaborating with executives & senior leaders
- Proficient in google docs, sheets & the use of pivot tables & the development of charts & graphics
- Familiarity creating evacuation & emergency action plans
- Certified Safety Professional preferred