Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers will love
DigitalOceans Managed Storage Products Team builds & runs cloud-scale distributed systems powering internal & customer-facing services & products. Were creating flexible & powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to ship their software as quickly & easily as possible. Were looking for engineers responsible for the design, implementation & maintenance of products including CDN, Database-as-a-Service, as well as the APIs & middleware used to power DigitalOceans Spaces & Volumes storage offerings.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to work on a small team focused on Database-as-a-Service products. This role reports to the Engineering Manager of the Managed Storage Products team within the Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) organization. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to work remotely with Canada & the United States or from our offices in NYC, Cambridge, MA & Palo Alto, CA.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Participating in development of Managed Database products
- Working on technically challenging distributed systems
- Collaborating with an agile & autonomous team of peers
- Leveraging interesting technologies such as Go, Kubernetes, Kafka, & more
- Integrating with many components across the DigitalOcean stack
- Evangelizing the work of the team with Engineering, Product, Design, & beyond
What Well Expect From You:
- A solid understanding of distributed systems
- Production development experience in Go at a similar size & scale (highly desired)
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl
- A strong background & exposure to a variety of databases & specifically NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Working knowledge of microservices using Docker & Kubernetes
- Familiarity with prevalent message bus & queuing technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Passion for creating simple & complete solutions
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills to collaborate & demonstrate empathy with key stakeholders
- Love writing & improving code with an emphasis on testing & maintainability
- Work well in a small team & able to balance & prioritize projects & requests
- A positive energy & passion for delighting customers
- Demonstrated ability to work at multiple levels of the stack in a fast-paced startup environment
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!