We believe that to be a great business, you have to be a good one too. We built Away to be a company that has a positive impact, from the products we make to the community we create. Together, were making the world a better place for everyone.
The Director of Social Impact is charged with driving Aways corporate social responsibility work, both by maximizing existing efforts & by identifying new opportunities Away to be a force for good. You will report directly to Senior Director of Communications & Social Impact alongside a Manager & Senior Associate, working from our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
Learn more about our existing work by visiting www.awaytravel.com/impact
Some of what youll do:
- Help to develop the the long-term strategy for Aways social impact efforts, identifying opportunities for Away to make a real positive difference in the world.
- Synthesize your recommendations into compelling presentations that identify industry trends & insights & align stakeholders on an action plan.
- Spearhead any existing initiatives with the support of the Manager of Social Impact.
- Lead related employee-facing initiatives designed to improve the employee experience & overall engagement with Away's social impact.
- Help to define Aways stance on various issues, & work closely with others across the company to determine best ways to engage.
- Identify stakeholders (key international agencies, NGOs, government agencies, or other like-minded companies) & facilitate partnerships to enhance our efforts.
- Act as an internal consultant & champion to ensure that consideration of the social impact element of any given initiative is embedded into the decision-making process at all levels of the organization.
- Track & report progress on budget & KPIs.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience from a top-tier consulting firm, or a CSR role in the private sector.
- Experience working with high-profile consumer brands a plus.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (presentation, facilitation, & written).
- Capacity to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced organization as both a solo producer & an eager collaborator.
- Can synthesize potential problems & offer solutions.
Youll love working at Away because:
We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have flexible PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
And so much more. You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team meals & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to enhance your travel experience. Were building a company with a mission to make travel more seamlessstarting with luggage. We started in 2016 with one foundational piece: The Carry-On. Today, were working to build the #1 travel brand in the world.
To date weve sold more than one million travel products, opened several retail locations, expanded internationally to meet our customers where they are, launched an in-house media division, & grown to a team of more than 200 people. We know thats just the beginning.
Fast Company named us one of their 2018 Top 10 Most Innovative Companies, we were selected as one of TIME's 50 Genius Companies of 2018, included on LinkedIn's "Top Startups of 2018" list, & called a Breakthrough Brand with Ingenious Marketing by Adweek.