Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain & fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals & businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries & regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital & Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best & brightest technologists with ambition & drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach & scale of Visa's payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity & you feel excited about joining & leading the revolution- come join us!
- Be part of a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Design & build new functionalities that will evolve to be the next generation real time payment system components
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure & functional capabilities
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Must have a good understanding of building scalable & highly performant systems
- Self-motivated & drive for excellence, must love coding - hands-on technical skills
- Experience in development in an agile model.
- Development experience in web-related technologies such as Web Services in REST, as per REST Principles.
- Experience with Java8, SpringBoot, Core Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Hibernate/JPA, JDBC, XSD, CXF, Jersey, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Tomcat, Oracle/MySQL.
- Experiences with the entire software development lifecycle including version control using Git, build process, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Kubernetes containerization, Functional testing framework, & code release.
- Experience with Agile & Test-driven development methodologies.
- Must have a strong Java background & a passion to learn new software technologies.
- Development experience in technologies like AngularJS, ReactJS & NodeJS is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down & across so that your ideas are heard.
- Passion for exceeding expectations & delivering exceptional code.
- Must have strong work ethic.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.