This position is a IT Support role with strong emphasis working with Audio & Video infrastructure. Were looking for a versatile team player who will provide global IT support for the Enterprise Help desk & be the main point of contact for all AV related needs & troubleshooting problems.
Technical support for a technology media company requires rapid response & quick intelligent decision making. As an IT Support Engineer you are the go-to person for Shutterstock computer hardware, application & software needs, providing front line user support for all of Shutterstocks internal tools & technologies.
You troubleshoot, respond to inquiries & find solutions to technical challenges. Beyond the day-to-day tasks, you improve the Shutterstock user experience by contributing to longer term projects & documentation efforts. You are highly technical & are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems (like OS X & Windows) & a range of devices (including desktops/laptops, VOIP phone systems, video conferencing & various wireless devices). You occasionally partner with various teams including security, networking & infrastructure. An ideal candidate is a fast learner & great communicator who can support the IT needs of global offices of all sizes & Shutterstock employees of varying technical backgrounds.
Please note that overall this position is best suited for an IT Generalist with a Desktop Support & AV background.
- Provide desktop, telephone, system, application support to local & remote users
- Support audio & visual technologies, including video conferencing, as well as participate in support of live events.
- Work effectively in a team environment to monitor, log, resolve, & escalate IT issues.
- Support IT infrastructure related projects, such as server or network upgrades, & office relocations & expansions
- Manage multiple tasks & projects simultaneously, prioritizing workload efficiently
- Update & maintain standards for AV design of All-Hands webcast ready spaces
- Tier-3 troubleshooting of HDMI, Savant, & Digital Audio systems
- Regular system testing to insure equipment & room functionality
- Perform employee training on Video conferencing & Google Hangouts
- Front line user support for all of Shutterstocks internal tools & technologies
- The successful candidate will ensure all conferencing spaces are presentable for use in addition to pre-testing equipment for functionality before use.
- Accept & maintain ownership of assigned tasks through end user follow-up & sustain awareness of open issues.
- Continually look for opportunities to develop solutions through process automation, & improved reliability.
- Survey your internal customers for their satisfaction with the help desk service.
- Assign appropriate priority & severity levels to incoming tasks & escalate them per corporate procedures.
- Share knowledge gained in support process.
- Perform routine testing & problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers, LCD/Plasma Displays, scalers, & switches.
- 3+ years of directly-related industry experience
- Demonstrate experience with most of the following technologies: Active Directory, Google Apps, iOS, Windows Server, TCP/IP, DNS, LAN/WAN network design, Disk Encryption, Windows /OSX, VOIP, System Management & Security Policies
- Strong customer service, organizational, multitasking & communication skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities & make quick decisions with limited information
- Strong diagnostic & troubleshooting skills
- Experience producing webcast ready AV control rooms for large presentation spaces
- Moderate experience with broadcast switching equipment
- Moderate experience with video storage solutions
- Moderate experience with streaming video
- Experience with Chromebox-for-meetings systems
- Mid level experience designing multi-component rack mounted AV solutions
- Mid level experience with server-side encoding
- High level knowledge of audio & video codecs
- Maintaining documentation (Knowledge Base, Wiki, Help Desk Incident Tracking System).
- Versatility, flexibility, & a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to multitask, handle several projects & tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with JAMF for OSX management
- Open to working flexible hours to manage video conferencing events
- 2+ years of advanced Helpdesk or other client facing technology position(s)
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos & music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 350,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 180 million images & more than 9 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook