Were on a mission to connect Americas leading problem solvers & to accelerate their work. NationSwell is a B Corp certified social enterprise focused on solutions - not problems - because we believe that solutions can only thrive when they get the attention they deserve.
We advance our mission in three ways:
- With the NationSwell Council, a membership community of service-minded leaders;
- With our Studio, where we produce creative, integrated campaigns with mission-aligned partners to move the needle on solutions that matter;
- Through a digital media platform that tells powerful, authentic human stories of problem solvers.
The NationSwell Council launched with the idea that creating connections will accelerate change. The Council has grown to 900+ members nationwide across 8 hubs, with continued momentum & opportunities to innovate towards impact.
Director, Member Growth & Engagement
NationSwell is seeking a Director, Member Growth & Engagement (referred to internally as the Director, Curation & Community) to join the NationSwell Council team to help grow & build the community. Reporting to the VP, NationSwell Council, this position is responsible for planning & implementing a thoughtful, ambitious individual member growth strategy & drive the Councils overall growth efforts.
The Director should have a passion for hitting ambitious targets, staying in the know about innovation & current events, learning about people from all walks of life, & leading a team to excellence. Candidates must understand & believe deeply in the power of community to drive change. Location is flexible, with a preference for New York City, San Francisco, Austin, or Houston.
Responsibilities & How Youll Contribute:
- Oversee the Councils individual member growth strategy
- Contribute to new aspects of Council growth, including geographic expansion, sponsored events, & other products
- Successfully convert at least 6+ new & valued Council members per month
- Build & maintain a strong & robust pipeline via multiple channels, including member referrals, conferences, & other relevant events
- Build & develop the Curation team to elevate performance & exceed goals
- Actively manage + build strong relationships with a small portfolio of NSC members through regular 1:1 interactions (e.g. phone calls / emails / in-person meetings) to produce a curated experience & generate impact for the individual & the community
- Meet & exceed goals around portfolio membership renewal, community engagement, & overall member satisfaction