BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
Have you ever wanted to work behind the scenes after watching a BuzzFeed India video? Were finally answering the question youve been asking us since time immemorial How does one get a job at BuzzFeed? with our 2021 internship program. No matter where you are located in India, or what language you speak, as long as you meet the requirements for the job & have access to a stable Internet connection, were here to explore the possibilities of working with you.
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, organized, & technically well-rounded Video Production Intern to support our video team with typical Assistant Producer & editing responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be a native of the digital & pop-cultural landscape with an intimate knowledge of the latest & greatest in social media, content, & emerging technology/platforms along with a desire to learn, explore, & work in digital content creation.
- Communicate with our Creative Producers & Contract Editors on a daily basis.
- Use a variety of resources to develop new content & frames to produce alongside the Video team
- Assist production crew with market research to source vendors, supplies, props, equipment, food, & other necessary items for the project.
- Provide assistance as needed in all components of the post-production process such as gathering stock music & video assets that adhere to company guidelines & standards.
- Produce content with a shorter turnaround time for Facebook & Instagram publishing.
- Create & edit subtitles for various videos.
- Assist in creating low-lift creative graphics as per the vision board provided by the creative team.
- Assist with troubleshooting post issues such as audio mix, colour, & problems with Premiere.
- Execute the creation of social assets such as creative video thumbnails.
- Upload videos to our in-house company video tools.
- A working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, & After Effects.
- Experience with making video content (even if its your own content!).
- Must be meticulous, organized, & creative.
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively with various stakeholders as well as autonomously to get the job done!
- Colour & sound finishing experience is a plus.
- Foundational knowledge of digital media including codecs, image types, resolutions, & frame rates.
- While language is not a barrier, you must be able to communicate effectively with staff members in order to smoothly execute processes.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.