Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Associate to join our Clinical Operations team in our New York City, NY office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will design & manage process design of our insurance operations with a focus on identifying areas for improvement to create efficiency & scale. You will identify, scope, & implement solves for operational challenges across the Complaints, Grievances & Appeals (CGA).
You will report into the Senior Director - Clinical Review.
- Identify, design, & implement changes & improvements to our CGA program including assisting with pre & post- launch
- Support & define our CGA program strategy through the development of business cases, standard operating procedures, & playbooks
- Work with team members on program design & implementation, system change builds to ensure operational success
- Maintain library of letter templates & other member documents
- Lead development of operational monitoring
- Manage implementations to ensure milestones are delivered on time & risks are escalated to appropriate parties
- 3+ years of work experience in health insurance, grievances & appeals, or operations
- 3+ years of experience developing project plans coordinating with internal & external partners
- Proficiency in designing & improving workflows & standing up accompanying operating & technical procedures
- PMP certification
- Lean or Six Sigma certification
- SQL or data analysis experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.