We are the Accelerate Solutions Games team! A group of highly skilled Software Development & Technical Art Consultants with deep expertise in the Unity platform, whose main goal is to help our customers improve their projects & internal workflows & assist them in the resolution of very challenging technical problems. In order to do this, we provide a series of short-term & long-term consulting & development services which can range in duration from one week to eighteen months & beyond.
Were looking for developers who want to share their expertise with our customers & help them achieve their performance targets. Our customer base spans a wide range of exciting fields, such as video games, entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, & architecture!
The team has two tracks: Consulting & Professional Services. The first track involves visiting our customers and, by collaborating directly with their technical leaders, help them optimize their projects & workflows & educate them on best practices. The second track requires designing & implementing software systems either in or surrounding the Unity Editor & the Unity Engine. Our team is asked to resolve exciting problems which require a level of expertise in the Unity platform that only Unity can help with.
In the longer term, you'll become an established technical specialist within Unity. You can pursue opportunities including personal research, speaking at conferences, delivering training to customers & colleagues, & guiding Unity's direction by providing feedback & advice to our R&D teams.
This role may involve periodic travel to customer & other Unity offices, primarily within Europe. Travel is usually conducted during weekdays & wont exceed 30% of the time.
What you'll be doing
- Work with customers on a regular basis for short-term consultations & give them advice on how to resolve their performance issues & improve their existing workflows, including on-site & remote visits.
- Build close relationships with Unity's internal development teams & provide customer feedback & use cases to them
- Efficiently solve problems, communicate, & educate our clients, both remotely & on-site at their offices
- Help the Engineering Manager to scope projects for customers across a wide range of verticals, such as games, media & entertainment, manufacturing, automotive, aerospace & architecture
- Become embedded with external customer teams to develop interactive applications & tools
What we're looking for
- Capable of developing & debugging code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house)
- Knowledgeable on how to profile, analyze, & improve performance, from low-level limitations to high-level architectural decisions
- Experience in shipping multiple games or other real-time interactive applications, including a solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Fluent in written & spoken English, & able to guide customers by clearly communicating ideas & technical knowledge via written reports
- Comfortable when it comes to diving into areas outside of their expertise in order to help our customers
You might also have
- Experience in delivering training/technical talks & writing technical articles/documentation
- Deep graphics programming knowledge & experience writing shaders
Life at Unity
Unity is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetise interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,400+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.