Appian is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Product Strategy team. The Product Strategy team is responsible for ideation, incubation & prototyping of new product ideas. This is a fast-paced, high-visibility role. You will help shape investments in product releases that are 12-18 months out to help us stay differentiated, be first movers & drive incremental revenue.
The ideal candidate would have an undergraduate degree in computer science or other related technical field with at least one year of software engineering experience. Experience with Appian Platform & emerging technologies like AI, IoT, & others is a plus. Experience with Java is a plus.
- Research: Understand the market forces & emerging technologies & identify opportunities to expand Appians platform capabilities.
- Ideation: Consistently & effectively be a feeder to product development pipeline with innovative new product features.
- Prototyping: Prioritize, build & test product prototypes.
- Handoff for Commercialization: Collaborate with product managers to incorporate into mainstream development cycle. Work with Sales & Marketing to support go-to-market activities for launch.
- Acquisition & Partnership Evaluation: Pursue inorganic approaches to delivering capabilities where appropriate.
- You are a fast thinker & fast developer
- Possibilities of emerging technologies like IoT, AI, & others excites you.
- While you have high ethics, you still consider yourself a hacker.
- You are driven by an unending curiosity to explore the potential of new technologies.
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process & case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the worlds toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, & ease that we are continually improving our internal use & feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Posts Top Workplaces list for the last seven consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.