As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
The Vox Media Communications team is looking for a driven & highly organized communications professional to join the company & oversee communications for several of Vox Medias editorial networks. This position will report to Vox Medias Vice President of Communications & will be based in the companys New York City office.
This role will work across several of the Vox Media editorial networks & will work closely with editorial leads & teams. They will be responsible for developing & executing communications plans to support goals & priorities for several editorial networks simultaneously, including the promotion of editorial products & content; developing & promoting talent ; & contributing to the management of an external PR agency on a day-to-day basis.
The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of, & interest in, Vox Media & our editorial networks which include: Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with editorial leadership to develop communications strategies to advance specific network goals & priority projects including announcements, talent & content promotion, product launches, speaking opportunities & events. Proactively identify opportunities & areas for progress.
- Build & maintain relationships with the media & regularly pitch news, content, & announcements
- Contribute to the preparation of select editorial talent for speaking opportunities & media interviews
- Contribute to development of creative internal communications strategies to promote editorial projects amongst Vox Media staff & identify opportunities for collaboration
- Communicate press opportunities & highlights internally
- Manage Vox Medias corporate social accounts
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field of study
- At least 5-7 years experience in public relations, communications or related field
- Experience developing robust communications strategies & plans
- Proven track record of pitching & securing coverage of editorial content & talent in print, online, audio & broadcast outlets
- Strong understanding of the subjects & content types that resonate best with different audiences & platforms.
- Strong understanding of how digital news circulates online & where & when Vox Medias editorial content, talent & news is relevant
- Experience working closely with editorial leaders & executives
- Strong verbal & written communication skills required
- Extreme attention to details, including grammar & spelling, are a must
This is the job for you if you are:
- A collaborative spirit who embraces teamwork & displays an enterprising attitude. You are excited to produce thoughtful, creative, well-organized, & high-quality work
- Able to work at a fast pace while managing multiple tasks & maintaining a professional attitude. You embrace change & are flexible as priorities & strategies shift
- Confident & comfortable interacting with editorial leaders & executives to provide strategic counsel & feedback.
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.