PMKBNC New York is looking for a Manager, Human Resources.
The HR Manager is a strategic partner to business leaders, & provides counsel to all employees on functional areas such as performance management, employee relations, & training & development. This HR team member is also a contributor to broader HR initiatives, & will have ownership of key programs across the company, & closely partnering with managers to implement programs that will meet & exceed the Companys goals. The Human Resources Manager works closely with the Senior HR Director & other HR counterparts on projects, & operates independently on other matters, escalating as needed.
Who We Are:
PMKBNC is a strategic marketing & communications firm that specializes in Entertainment & popular culture. PMKBNC represents many of the worlds most prominent actors, actresses, directors, films, production companies, television properties, musicians, authors & content creators, as well as leading consumer brands & prestigious special events. The firm employs a staff of more than 300 professionals spanning offices in Los Angeles, New York & London. PMKBNC thrives on being ahead of the curve & works with their clients to create ideas that build engaged audiences & connect with consumers through popular culture. PMKBNC is a part of Momentum Worldwide & McCann Worldgroup within Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG).
- Partners closely with managers to gain insights on their business, team performance, etc. & develops & implements strategies to reach the divisions goals, ensure organizational efficiency, & tracks progress of strategies & adjusts as necessary
- Maintains trusted relationships with employees of all levels to effectively provide guidance & support in implementing HR initiatives, & in the areas of employee relations, performance management, promotions, transfers, separations, etc.
- Coaches managers & employees on employee relations issues, including disciplinary action meetings & terminations, using independent discretion & judgment
- Drives Performance Management activities by coaching managers on how to manage performance issues, facilitate discussions between manager & employee, provides guidance to manager & employees throughout performance improvement plans, including terminations as needed
- Analyzes compensation to ensure internal equity & salaries comparable with the industry; develops salary budgets & forecasts & makes recommendations as necessary
- Develops & drives implementation of HR policies & initiatives (i.e. Training & Development, Performance Management, Rewards & Recognition, Retention, Compensation Management, Succession Planning, Diversity, etc.)
- Owns onboarding program to include analyzing new hire survey data, ensure high quality of new hire satisfaction, & making recommendations to continually evolve onboarding processes
- Collaborates with managers to create & maintains all job descriptions
- Owns off-boarding program to include conducting exit interviews, analyzing exit surveys to gain insight & recommend strategies to improve company culture
- Manage compliance of company policies & procedures by communicating, educating & training managers & employees , to include creating & conducting Manager Meetings
- Point of escalation for HR inquiries & requests related to employee relations, payroll, benefits, etc.
- Analyzes & summarizes HR data to measure success of HR initiatives, to identify trends/issues, & create insights & strategies that can be shared with management
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, & local legal requirements by understanding existing & new legislation, & making recommendations to management on needed actions
- Act as lead on company wellness program & initiatives, including planning in-house employee wellness activities
- Performs basic benefits administration
- Performs other related duties as required & assigned
Required Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required, PHR or SPHR a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience
- Entertainment industry or PR/Marketing agency experience preferred
- Strategic Thinking: Strong ability to conceptualize, communicate, recommend & execute new strategies & programs
- Communication & Relationship Building: Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written), particularly in building relationships with business leaders
- Change Management: Ability to suggest & sell new & effective alternatives to current practices
- HR Expertise & Business Acumen: Strong command of HR regulations, HR & Business practices, & current trends in HR & Business
- Adaptability: Ability to be able to work & flex in fast paced environment with complex business changes
- Conflict Management & Mediation: Able to successfully handling & resolving issues, disagreements & disputes.
- Client Focus: Consultative & solutions oriented professional, with experience developing & maintaining client focus to support the development of business solutions that achieve & maintain overall client satisfaction
PMKBNC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D