Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives & breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, & even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business & has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the Sr. Manager, Customer Experience, you will oversee a group of Team Leads, managing an organization of more than 50 associates. Your primary focus will be to lead, develop & motivate the team to deliver exceptional customer experiences across phone, chat & email. In addition to running the daily operations for your team, you will partner with other members of the CX leadership team to build a best-in-class experience for both our customers & our employees. Youll also serve as an ambassador of Rent the Runway, constantly championing our mission & introducing our brand.
What Youll Do:
- Lead a team of Team Leads supporting 50+ associates to develop a world class customer experience team
- Partner with recruiting to bring in new talent, including both Team Leads & associates
- Develop a deep understanding of our team performance metrics & demonstrate the ability to speak to the numbers & add context
- Establish a regular operating cadence with your team to communicate information, provide coaching, develop camaraderie, & share team performance
- Work with Team Leads to ensure regular employee feedback & consistent skill assessment as well as quality monitoring; work with Training & Quality Development team to translate this into learning plans
- Ensure we can deliver on SLAs across all channels & deliver on CSAT targets; communicate any barriers & potential solutions
- Regularly communicate team performance metrics & development areas
- Promote positive employee engagement & reinforce the RTR culture
- Support with overseeing nights & weekend shifts as needed
- You have 7+ years of management experience in a service-oriented environment or equivalent, including building out teams & supervising organizations of supervisors & 50+ associates
- You have proven experience with CRM applications & leveraging technology to optimize customer experience operations
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, data-driven decision making, ongoing learning, & testing new ideas
- You are comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals/priorities & navigating teams through change
- Youre an excellent communicator, across all levels & mediums
- You love motivating & inspiring a team to work towards a common goal
- You have experience managing teams virtually & keeping associates engaged
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.